Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Opener

Hi there. I have a really terrible book to discuss with you all, and I am very excited to get started on it because it kind of enraged me and I feel that only a truly nasty blog post will vent the spleen from my heart and teach the book in question a valuable lesson. I sort of feel awkward just leaping in, though, so I am going to spend this first post babbling and going over my shaky conception of the ground rules, after which the ice will (hopefully) be sufficiently broken and we can move on to the good stuff.
I am thinking that I will try for two or three posts a week, discussing books I have recently read and how they made me feel. I will also throw in the occasional movie/tv show/dream I had last Thursday, depending mostly on my whim. I have two young children, so my choice in books, and even more so in other forms of entertainment, may be slightly behind the times. (For example, my husband and I only just now finished Season Two of 24, and I had lots to say about Jack Bauer and his deeply aggravating daughter and his shiny, shiny hair, but no one to discuss it with because everyone in the world had seen Season Two of 24 36,000 years ago when it first came out. It was a lonely feeling.) First up will be: the truly terrible book, which my meticulous research reveals to be the first in a promised series. I may have to read them all, just so that I have a place to channel my bitterness. Cheers.

No comments: